1.1. Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the scheduled check-in date are refunded the full deposit.
1.2. If a cancellation is made within 30 days and up to 48 hours prior to the check-in date, the refund is paid in a travel voucher that is valid for a year.
1.3. For cancellations made within 48 hours prior to the scheduled check-in date, a no-show fee of 100% of the reservation will be charged on your credit card.
1.4. A cancellation request will only be considered valid when it is communicated in written via email sent to [email protected]
1.5. The occurrence of unforeseeable or unavoidable events for which we do not bear responsibility (e.g. acts of God, wars, natural disasters, pandemics and strikes) does not prevent the full application of the provisions of 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4.
1.6. If you opt for paying 100% of the reservation at the moment in which you book your road trip and select the option that confers you a 10% discount on the total price of your booking, your reservation will be under our strict cancellation policy. This means you will not have the flexibility to change your reservation, and any cancellation on bookings under this policy is entirely non-refundable.
2.1. When you confirm the booking, your credit or debit card will be charged for 50% or 100% of the total rental value according to the chosen option (fees and taxes included). In the event your payment card is declined, your reservation will not be accepted, and you will not receive any rental confirmation.
2.2. Applicable exchange rates will apply according to your payment method/bank fees.
2.3. If you decided to pay 50% in advance, the remaining 50% of the booking value (2nd payment) will be paid via debit or credit card during the vehicle pick-up. Bank transfer will only be allowed for the 2nd payment at check-in in exceptional circumstances, in which case the Hirer will incur an extra charge of €30.
2.4. The security deposit can only be blocked in a credit card (Visa or Mastercard), and the credit card owner must be present at the pick-up. The vehicle cannot be delivered to the Hirer unless the security deposit is held on a credit card.
2.5. Upon returning the vehicle, the Rental firm will process the release of the unused portion of the security deposit subject to your banks procedures.
3.1. Campervan rental charges are calculated on a night basis.
3.2. Late Pick-ups or Earlier Drop-offs do not entitle the Hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
3.3. Pre-arranged out of hours pick-ups or drop-offs requested by the Hirer are subject to an additional fee according to the Rental firm price table.
4.1. For bookings made before 13/01/2020, our standard check-in and check-out times are between 9:00 and 17:00. Otherwise, an out of hours Fee applies on your reservation.
4.2. For bookings made from 13/01/2020 onwards, our standard check-in times are between 14:30 and 18:30 and check-out between 8:00 and 11:00, otherwise, an Out of Hours Fee will be applied on your reservation.
If the exact model booked is not available, the Rental firm reserves the right to provide the Hirer a similar category or upgraded model, according to the pick-up location availability. Additionally, we cannot guarantee specific colors or designs for the vehicle rented.
6.1. Driver must be 18 years old or older at the time of pick up, and must present a valid driver’s license (B class) to drive in Europe, or an international driver’s license, a valid ID/Passport and a credit card (Visa or Mastercard) to pay the security deposit.
6.2. If one of the drivers is younger than 25 years old, purchasing the Standard protection plan is mandatory. Drivers under the age of 25 years aren't allowed to take the Basic or Full plans.
6.3. Credit card owner must be present at the time of pick up.
6.4. Copies of driver´s license, ID or cards are not accepted.
1) The customer acknowledges having received the Vehicle and rented extras in a clean condition and with all the features working. 2) The customer will return the vehicle in a clean condition, with the same amount of fuel at the pick-up, and with all the vehicle’s features operating in a normal way, on the return date, time and location established in the Rental Agreement. Failure to meet these criteria will result in additional charges to the Hirer according to the rental firm price table. Any loss or damage in rented extras, equipment or spare parts, will be fully charged to the Hirer according to the Rental Firm price table.
1) A valid vehicle driver’s license, ID or Passport and credit card (Visa or Mastercard) are required and must be presented upon the vehicle’s collection and signing of the rental agreement. If the Hirer does not bring the necessary documents, the vehicle cannot be rented and regular no show fee will apply. 2) To hold a valid license to drive in Europe is the responsibility of the Hirer. 3) The Hirer should be older than 18 years old. 4) If the Hirer is under 25 years of age, purchasing the Standard protection plan is mandatory, and he/she isn't allowed to purchase the Basic or Full plans when renting a vehicle.
1) The Hirer agrees that, during the Rental Period, the vehicle will not be: a) Driven by an unidentified person or any other person that is not mentioned in the rental agreement. b) Driven in an imprudent and dangerous way. c) Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs. d) Left with the key inside the vehicle, while unoccupied. e) Damaged by submersion in water, contact with salt water, driving through flooded areas, beach driving and dirt roads. f) Used for any race, contest or any illegal activities. g) Used to tow any vehicle. h) Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward. i) Used to carry more passengers than what is permitted by law. j) Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material. k) Used for the purpose of transporting and haulage goods other then what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental. l) install accessories and advertising or commercial mentions. m) Any consequence that results from the points above, will not be Rental Firm responsibility. 2) The Hirer acknowledges that the Rental Firm retains the title to the Vehicle at all times and shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, sub-let, lend or mortgage the vehicle to any other party. 3) The Hirer should not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle, without prior written consent from the rental firm. 4) The Hirer should take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including, daily checks of the Oil, Water and Batteries, and will contact the Rental Firm if vehicle warning lights indicate any potential malfunction. 5) Any electrical devices (including the cooler) cannot be connected to the battery for more than 4 hours in a row, without charging the vehicle battery every day in camping places or in other 220V sources. 6) The present agreement will be automatically resolved and the booking will be canceled without any need of judicial intervention, if the vehicle is used in any terms that constitute a violation of the present agreement. Additionally, the Rental Firm reserves the right to recover the vehicle, at any time, without previous notice, and the Hirer is held responsible for all the charges involved.
1) You are allowed to bring pets under certain conditions: a) A Pet Fee of €75 will be charged. b) Only one pet is allowed, weighing no more than 30 kg. c) Pets are only allowed if your road trip ends in Portugal or Spain. 2) As Indie Campers operates in different countries in Europe, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to guarantee that his/her pet travels in safety and according to the local regulations. 3) The rental firm will not be liable for any traffic tickets or legal fees related to carry the pet inside the vehicle. 4) The Pet Fee only covers the cleaning of the vehicle after the rental. Hirer is responsible for any and all damages (interior and exterior) caused by the pet.
1) Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported immediately in order to give the Rental Firm the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so will compromise the Rental Firm responsibility, please contact us before you call on-road Assistance, and our team will help you to handle the situation. 2) This service covers any technical or mechanical malfunction of the vehicle arising from a manufacturing or material fault that directly renders the part concerned unfit for operation during the warranty period. 3) Please note that the following are not covered by Road-Assistance, and tow/relocation expenses will be charged to the Hirer: a) The vehicle running out of fuel. b) The keys being locked inside the vehicle, damaged (e.g. humidity in the key), or lost. c) Discharged batteries caused by incorrect usage and/or incorrect usage of any equipment that requires batteries to operate. d) Vehicle blocked off-road or in a dirt road e) A breakdown caused by willful neglect. f) Assistance to change a flat tire 4) Rental Firm provides 24hr on Road Assistance support, outside office hours some delays may occur. 5) In case of any malfunction, the Hirer is not allowed to make repairs or alterations to the van, unless authorized by the Rental Firm and following exact instructions. 6) In the event of vehicle immobilization due to mechanical breakdown, or accident, and if it is not possible to repair on-site, the Rental Firm shall send a tow truck to drive the vehicle and the Hirer to the closest workshop or rental depot.
Rental Firm does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental period, and recommends that no valuable items should be left in the vehicle, out in the open, while the Hirer is away from the vehicle. Rental Firm is not responsible for any belongings lost or stolen during the rental period, neither for any damages to the vehicle due to vandalism/theft, accidental or weather damages
1) The rental vehicle is protected against third party vehicles and property damage. 2) The coverage is valid in the following 32 European countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. The vehicles can only be driven in these countries, driving in other countries other than the ones mentioned above constitutes a violation of the agreement and the Rental Firm cannot be liable for any damage, malfunction or other issue that happens outside the countries where the protection plan is valid, being the Hirer liable for any reparation costs and/or relocation of the vehicle and any other administrative costs, charges, fees and fines the Rental firm incurred as a result of that unauthorized use. The Rental Firm has the right to charge the Hirer a penalty of 1,000€ (one thousand euros) for each day the vehicle is used in a country where the coverage is not valid. 3) The vehicle is only covered during the contract stipulated duration. The Rental Firm cannot be liable for any damage outside the rental duration, being the Hirer the only liable one. 4) The Hirer is responsible for any damage incurred while in possession of the vehicle, up to the amount of the security deposit. All the Protection Plans and security deposit only cover the first accident, incident or new damage, not each rental. In case of more than one damage, incident or accident during the rental period, the Hirer is responsible for the full repair costs of each additional damage. To cover the costs of any possible damages, the Rental Firm will block the full amount of the security deposit on the credit card associated to the hirer. 5) If the Hirer breaches any of the conditions of the clauses in the rental agreement, any Protection Plan will be voided, and the Hirer will be responsible for the total cost of all damages. 6) If the Window Coverage is selected, the repair cost of one glass window is covered. Side mirrors and roof windows (skylights) are not included. Our Standard and Full protection plans already cover the repair of one window. 7) If the Tire Coverage is selected, the accidental damage of one tyre is covered. Our Standard and Full protection plans already cover the accidental damage of one tyre. 8) If the additional Driver option is selected, one additional driver will be added to the booking. Our Standard (x1) and Full (unlimited) protection plans already allow additional drivers. 9) The liability amount may be reduced, by upgrading the Protection Plan. 10) If the “Basic” Protection Plan is subscribed, the Hirer is responsible for a maximum liability of 1999€. This plan includes Unlimited Kilometers and Roadside Assistance (which includes 24/7 Line Assistance and the towing of an Indie Campers vehicle to a nearby Indie Campers Depot or auto garage in case of accidents or mechanical breakdown). 11) If the “Standard” plan is purchased, the Hirer is responsible for a maximum amount of 749€, and this plan includes 1 additional driver, tire and window coverage (for one tire and one window). 12) If the “Full” plan is purchased, the Hirer’s liability is 0€, and this Protection Plan includes unlimited additional drivers, tire and window coverage (for one tire and one window).
In the event of an accident or vehicle damage, the Hirer agrees to the following procedures: 1) Immediately notify the Rental Firm and police authorities of any accident, theft, robbery or other misfortune. 2) Take pictures and obtain names and addresses of all persons involved as well as witnesses, that can document what happened 3) Fill the accident report, together with other vehicles that may be involved. 4) Shall not leave the vehicle without taking all measures regarding its protection and safety. 5) Shall not take any responsibility or pled guilty, in the event of an accident that might hold the Rental Firm liable. 6) Collect the accident report signed by all parties involved and the documents prepared by the police authorities, along with the vehicle keys, if retained (in case of vehicle theft) and send it immediately to the Rental firm. Otherwise, all coverages will expire, and the Hirer is liable for all expenses.
The Hirer acknowledges that is responsible for all costs of the following damages, irrespective of the Protection Plan that may have been taken. Damage identified below is specifically excluded from any Protection Plan: a) Any damage due to vehicle, when in breach of a clause in the contract. b) Any damage caused by willful conduct, influence of alcohol, drugs or any substance that reduces driving ability. c) Any loss/damages/stolen personal belongings. d) If the customer has a careless or negligent behavior of any kind or fails to abide by local road rules, resulting in damages to the vehicle, or third-party property. e) The cost to retrieve or recover the vehicle from any restricted area, submerged, trapped, or abandoned. f) The cost to replace keys which have become damaged, lost, stolen, or locked inside the vehicle. g) Drivers not identified in the Rental Contract, or Drivers with a canceled/expired driver’s license. h) For any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel. i) All damages under the vehicle’s body or above the windscreen line, if there is no collision with third parties. j) All damages caused by hitting an animal while driving.
1) The vehicle must be returned at the date, time and location specified in the rental agreement. a) In order to change the drop off location or date/time, the Hirer must first obtain authorization from the Rental Firm Reservations staff. Charges will apply, and the amount will be communicated by the reservations team. b) The fee applies to all cases, irrespective of the reasons behind change. c) If the Rental Firm does not confirm the changes via email, the Hirer must comply with the contract location and drop-off date and time. 2) Failure to obtain authorization and deliver the van at the hours agreed in the Rental Contract will result in an extra fee of three times the night rate, to be paid immediately upon the drop-off. 3) If the vehicle is returned in a different place from the one contracted, the Hirer is responsible for all the emergent damages caused to the Rental Firm. 4) If the vehicle is not returned to a Rental Firm employee, the Hirer is liable for all losses or damages including vehicle theft or robbery. 5) Van equipment: All vehicles are provided with kitchen utensils, cleaning kit and bed kit, and in case of not returning the van equipment and/or rental extras in the same conditions as they were handed, a fee will be applied according to the value of the item(s). 6) A sum of €100 will be charged if the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition in the interior (absence of garbage, sand, mud or any other waste) and exterior, with the wastewater tank empty, empty chemical toilet, kitchen utensils cleaned, and the cooler turned-off with no food inside. 7) If the van is not returned with the same fuel level as the pick-up, the customer will be charged €40 for every 1⁄4 tank missing.
1) The security deposit can only be paid by credit card (Visa or Mastercard), and the credit card owner must be present at the pick-up. At the vehicle delivery, the Hirer is required to pay the security deposit according to the chosen Protection Plan. This amount will be held in the Hirer’s credit card to ensure the excess payment in the event of robbery or accident and any other vehicle damage during the rental period. 2) If the security deposit amount is not authorized by the bank or by the credit card owner, the contract cannot be executed and the vehicle cannot be delivered. In this case, the regular cancellation policy will apply and the full booking amount will be charged to the Hirer. The security deposit will be returned to the Hirer at the end of the rental period, after an inspection by a Rental Firm member staff, who shall state the vehicle is in similar conditions compared to when it was collected. 3) Vehicle damage and equipment/extras damage costs will be charged according to the Rental Firm price table. The Hirer will also be liable for the nights not rented during the vehicle reasonable repair time, according to the damages at issue. 4) In case of an accident where the Hirer does not consider himself responsible, the Rental Firm will hold the full amount of the security deposit until the insurance company states the responsibility. 5) If the damage repair costs cannot be determined immediately, the Rental Firm will hold the full amount of the security deposit. A portion of the excess can be refunded in case the final damage repair costs are lower than the amount paid. 6) The Hirer agrees that the Rental Firm is authorized to charge the credit card on file for any further amounts that may arise such as wild camping, parking tickets, fines, traffic offence penalties, tolls, damages to the van (interior or exterior) and overdue amounts. Rental Firm is entitled to verify any of the damages to the van for 30 days after the last day of the rental agreement. In the event of a fine or toll notification, the Rental Firm will always attempt to forward the fine or toll to the Hirer. On these cases, a 25€ administrative fee will be charged by the Rental Firm. In the event that it is not possible to forward the fine(s) or toll(s) to the Hirer, the Rental Firm will process the fine/toll and charge to the Hirer the total cost of the fine/toll plus VAT and an added administrative fee of 50€. 7) Hirer must provide the Rental Firm with an alternative credit card that can be used to meet Hirer’s obligations under the Rental Firm Terms and Conditions, in case of insufficient funds, declined transactions for any reason, and cancelled or suspended credit card. 8) All unpaid invoices will be added interest, which is the highest legal rate plus a flat fee, corresponding to 20% of the unpaid amount and any compensation for occurred damages / lost profits due by law. In the event of a legal dispute somehow related with this contract, the parties agree that the jurisdiction of the pick-up location will be applied.
1) This agreement constitutes the entire arrangement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or arrangements between the parties relating to the subject matter of liable as Hirer. Any charges are calculated in accordance with the Agreement and respective Terms and Conditions. 2) When Booking and paying the initial deposit, the Hirer automatically agreed with Rental Firm Terms and Conditions. 3) The Hirer assures that all information supplied in relation with this agreement is truthful.
If, for any reason that is not the rental firm’s responsibility, such as a delay by the previous renter, accident, theft, breakdown, or any other situation that compromise the delivery of the vehicle previously reserved, it is not possible to proceed to the delivery on the stipulated date or time, the rental firm can: 1) Provide the Hirer a similar category or model. The brand, design or color may vary. 2) Provide the Hirer a full refund of the amount paid, and no other additional compensation.